You don’t get called ‘The Body’ unless you have one hell of a body! Or in this case, one Elle of a body!
Blessed with Amazonian genetics and a lifelong dedication to healthy living, Elle McPherson has not only secured the enviable moniker, but perhaps even more remarkably, she has maintained ‘The Body’.
At 53 years of age, the Supermodel, uber businesswoman, mother of two and founder of alkalizing supplement Super Elixir seems to defy nature by looking (and feeling) every bit as good in a bikini today as she did 30 years ago!
So what’s her secret?
To find out so we can all take a leaf out of her book to start the New Year, I chatted directly with the Aussie Goddess to get a minute-by-minute, bite-by-bite, sip-by-sip diary of a day in her glorious life, in her own words.
One Elle Of A Day
- Upon waking at 5 a.m., “I drink 500 mililiters of room-temperature water every day upon waking up. It’s so important to stay hydrated and I aim to have 3 liters of water a day.
- “At around 6:30 a.m.I eat a breakfast that contains protein. It is either one poached egg on sunflower or dark rye bread (wheat-free), or some Canadian bacon (no fat or preservatives or antibiotics). I also like to mix it up and will have oatmeal with agave, half of a grapefruit or some blueberries. I love an espresso, and will always have one, followed by 500 mililiters of water.”
- “At 8:30 a.m., I have 2 teaspoons of The Super Elixir [or TSE] in cold coconut water in my Super Shaker.”
- “I schedule my daily workouts for 9 a.m.after the school run. I’ll do a different sport every day if I can. I mix it up, but no matter what, I do 45 minutes of something a day. I love the outdoors. If I’m by the water, I love to paddleboard, surf, swim laps or water ski. I also love to hike or run for about 50 minutes a day. Staying hydrated is so important, and I always have 500 mililiters of water during my workout.”
- “For lunch, I usually have a vegetarian kale or spinach salad with some of my favorite ingredients—avocado, beets, sunflower seeds, goats cheese, quinoa or lentils!”
- For an afternoon snack, “I love soaked raw almonds in spring water and always keep some around the house to snack on. And I make sure to have another 1.5 liters of water between lunch and dinner. If I’m hungry or craving sugar, I’ll have another 2 teaspoons of TSE shaken in coconut water—or a Super Shake made with my new Nourishing Protein. It’s a super-clean, pea protein powder that is Peruvian chocolate flavored. I take it with vanilla almond milk in a blender. Some of my favorite snacks are coconut (anything coconut! Fresh coconut meat if I’m in the Bahamas, or shaved ice), apples with almond butter [or ] sashimi.”
- “Dinner is always fresh fish and vegetables, and I try my best to eat before 7 p.m.”
- “I love dark chocolate so I may have a bit of Green & Black’s in the evening, or raw cocoa nibs. If I’m feeling extra indulgent, I love meringue pie.”